On the anniversary of the launching of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, the Prime Minister declared that every student and child will play the most important role in promoting cleanliness throughout India, and that is why he had declared every student of India the brand ambassador for Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is an initiative in which the participation of every individual is equally important. Although Swachh Bharat Abhiyan needs the co-operation of every Indian, the co-operation of the students of India plays the most important role in making the campaign truly successful.
To make this campaign successful, various activities were organized to sensitize the students of Amrita Vidyalayam to keep their school and surroundings clean, and to create awareness among others.
The following activities were arranged for the students:
- Pre-primary to Class 2 – Recitation of the poem ‘Bits of paper’ & assembly talk.
- Classes 3 & 4 were shown videos on cleanliness, and they enthusiastically participated in cleaning their classrooms.
- Classes 5, 6 & 11 took the initiative of cleaning the school grounds.
- A rally was also organized for students of class 7.
- Students of classes 8 & 9 presented their views in the form of posters and slogans.
- Nukkad natak was performed by selected students of classes 9 & 10.