Skip to content
- Sevamritham – Students brought handfuls of rice diligently which were distributed before they left for Diwali holidays. Students, without fail, brought handfuls of rice even after the Diwali holidays. About 100 kg of rice was collected and distributed among the adopted families of the Juinagar area. Students of Class IV A collected clothes and toys which were also given to these families. VI B has been consistently contributing the highest towards Sevamritam.
- ‘Sealing of Desires’– The total money collected for October and November was Rs. 1466 from grades VI to XII. Some of the amount collected was used to buy soya chunks to be distributed among the adopted families. A special mention to Anandmayi students who collected Rs. 551 which will be used towards Sealing of Desire project. A special mention to Class IV B students who brought Re.1 each day, collecting a total of Rs. 400.
- Wealth from Waste – Stitching cloth bags out of used school uniforms and distributing them to the families sent out the message of “reducing plastic”.
- Bhootayajnam – Students from pre-primary to class II brought grains like rice, millet, jawar, etc. to feed birds every Monday. With the departure of rains, birds have found a place to peck grains, and they also drink water from the earthen pots and bowls containing water hung from trees at different spots in the school.
- Grihamritam –Students of IV A donated plants to the school on the occasion of Diwali. “Cleanliness Soldiers” were appointed in the month of November to ensure that the classrooms remain clean at all times. They are divided into groups of 5 or 6 each week. This way, every student gets an opportunity to be responsible.
- Snehamritham – Birthdays of teachers, staff and students were celebrated, and there is lots of excitement in the school as everybody awaits their special day to receive sweets from the Principal. Students and teachers have expressed how special they feel and how they want to extend this feeling to others and share the “joy of giving”. A student donated a neem sapling to the school, and students generously donated rice towards the Sevamritam Project.
- Amrita Katha – The values for the week were Honesty, Perseverance, Optimism, Self-Compassion, Happiness and Humility. Students told inspiring stories from the lives of M.K. Gandhi, Ramanujam, Bill Gates, Thomas Edison and Richard Branson, and the inspiring story of Nobel Peace Prize Winner Mr. Kailash Satyarthi. House boards also highlighted these values and students displayed their talent by way of slogans and pictures.