Skip to content
- Sevamritham – Amma says, “In this age of selfishness, selfless service is the only soap that truly purifies.” What better way to celebrate Amma’s birthday than to follow the path of service set by her. The 10th grade students of Amrita Vidyalayam visited the slum areas of Juinagar behind BP petrol pump and distributed 60 kg rice, wheat and biscuit packets to 10 families as a part of the Sevamritam Project. The families were very grateful and expressed their happiness by way of blessings to the children. The classes whose contribution was the maximum in the month of September are 6B, 6A, 7A and 7C.
- Sealing of Desires – A total of Rs. 5,000 was collected in the month of September; the classes who are leading the contributions are 10A, 10B, 7A, 7C, 6C, 6B and 4C. A heartfelt acknowledgement of the contribution of our teachers who have chosen to remain anonymous. The money contributed will be utilized towards buying food and other essential items for the families.
- Bhootayajnam – Students from pre-primary to Std. II continue to bring grains like rice, millet, jawar, etc. to feed birds.
- Grihamritam – Around 60 students participated in the eco-friendly Ganesha workshop conducted by the youth members of the Rotaract Club of New Bombay. The Rotaract members brought shadow clay, mixed it into mounds and distributed it among the students. Cheering “Ganapathy Bappa Moriya, the students enjoyed rolling the clay mounds into smooth balls of different sizes to make their own special bappa. It was a take-home project and the students had already made plans to place it in their puja rooms and also immerse it at home.
- Snehamritham – Birthdays of students, teachers and staff are celebrated by announcing their names during the assembly. Chandrapal (9A), Tushar Rajpurohit (5C), Shrishti Mishra (7C), Rakshit Poojari (7B), Kakde Santosh (5C) and Mayank Solanki (2C) donated 1 kg rice, Princeraj Gupta and Antara Bhoir donated 5 kg rice, Alhat Lazros donated 2 kg rice, Aditya Sharma (5C) donated 4 kg rice, and Niranjan (5B) donated 1/2 kg rice. Vrushali Patiyal (7C) and Ankita Khakhal (5C) donated Rs 100 each.
- Pushpanjali – On the occasion of Amma’s 65th birthday on September 27th, students lovingly brought flowers and offered it at Her Holy Lotus feet.